Your source for the latest news about The Forever Yung Dance Studio
We'll post the most recent news here as soon as it happens. To be sure you don't miss anything, subscribe to our email mailing list and we'll keep you informed with monthly Email newsletters. You may unsubscribe at any time. To subscribe now, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Next sessions begin:
BEGINNER: September 14, 21, 28.
INTERMEDIATE: Sept 18, 25 & Oct 2.
BRAND NEW Kinder Dance Class Program
... All NEW Fall KINDER Dance Classes with Chiara Ackerman!
Starting September 12, 2015, we will be running a brand new series of Kinder Dance Classes for children aged 3-4 years and 5-6 years. We have hired a wonderful Nanaimo based teacher to run these new classes, and we are thrilled to have her as part of the Forever Yung Team.
Chiara Ackerman (nee Richmond) was raised in Port Alberni and trained at Pat Cummings School of Dance for 14 yrs. She learned various styles of Dance including Ballet, Jazz, Modern, and Tap. Chiara continued her dance training in Toronto and graduated from the National Ballet School's Teacher Training Program. She obtained her Associate Diploma (I.S.T.D.) in Cecchetti style Ballet and National Ethnic Dance. She also received a teaching certificate from the Royal Academy of Dance. Most of Chiara's work experience occurred while living abroad in Norway, Australia and Bermuda. Upon returning to Vancouver Island to raise a family, Chiara has taught for Harbour Dancentre, Tempo Dance Academy, Rhythm Dance Academy and Pat Cummings School of Dance.
Kinder Dance Class Schedule:
3-4 Years: Saturday's 2:30 - 3:15pm.
5-6 Years: Saturday's 3:30 - 4:15pm.
MINI SHOWCASE: Families are invited to observe a mini presentation on the last day in the final 15 mins of class.
4 week programs. $30 per program (inc tax).
* Classes will run throughout the year, covering different material in each 4 week session.
Pre-registration is required as space is limited.
Dance Classes for our younger students
We are excited to announce a brand new line up of Junior Dance Classes this summer. New days, New times, and even New teachers!
The FIRST new class on the agenda is for Kids aged 7-12 years.
This class will begin next Monday (June 22) and will run throughout the summer. Please pre-register to help us plan the classes.
* Our younger students (aged 3-6 years) will be catered for within the next few weeks via our BRAND NEW Saturday classes which will be taught by the amazing and popular Nanaimo teacher 'Chiara Ackerman'. We are thrilled to be introducing Chiara to our studio and to your children in the very near future. Space is limited to 10 per class, and Chiara's classes fill up really fast! She is a wonderful Kinder Teacher with a super creative teaching style. Your kids will LOVE her!
Brand New Dance Calendar
2009 marked the introduction of our successful ‘Forever Fantastic’ Dance programs, and we thank all of our students who helped us make these programs so successful!
We have decided to revamp these programs, based on student feedback, and June 2015 will now mark the launch of our new Dance Calendar! We will keep the 'Forever Fantastic' structure, but will be making changes and adding new classes and programs. Details will be posted soon.
Senior Class Price Increase
Our Senior Class cost will be increasing to $9.50 per person, per class as of Tuesday, March 17, 2015. Still an exceptionally great deal!!!
2015 Theme Parties
- Saturday, January 24 - 'Casino Royale'
- Saturday, February 21 - 'Red Carpet'
- Saturday, March 21 - 'Luck of the Irish'
- Saturday, April 25 - 'Diamonds & Pearls'
- Saturday, May 23 - 'Think Pink'
- Saturday, June 20 - 'White Night'
- July - No Party
- August - No Party
- Saturday, September 26 - Neon Night
- Saturday, October 31 - 'Night of the Walking Dead' Halloween Party
- Saturday, December 12 - Christmas
- Thursday, December 31 - New Year's Eve 'Black & White Ball'.
2015 Ballroom & Latin Workshops
2015 Ballroom & Latin Workshops have now been scheduled... workshops include Quickstep, Rumba, Jive, Emmerdale Waltz and International Waltz.
Attention SINGLE dancers!
Are you one of those people who would love to take Dance lessons, but think you can’t because you don’t have a partner?
The Forever Yung Dance Studio WELCOMES SINGLE DANCERS! Our new ‘Forever Fantastic’ programs are designed for both couples and SINGLES in mind. Our classes focus on:
- building strong basic technique through individual learning and
- the fundamental partnering skills required for ‘together dancing’ through partner rotation
Calling to pre-register for a class enables us to make every effort to match our students with a dance partner. Many of our single dancers have made great friendships through dance lessons at our studio.